Belofte - License Terms
This file references belofte version 0.9.8.
Belofte is a promising chess program.
Belofte is a Flemish word that can be translated as 'a Promise'
or 'someone with potential'. In this context, the latter is the
intended meaning. The most correct translation would be
'A promising chess program'. It is pronounced as 'b-euh-loft-euh'.
Please refer to License,
About, Manual or
The program and its source code falls under the
GNU GPL Version 2, June 1991. The license terms can be found
in a separate file. Each copy of the
program should be distributed with this license file included.
Belofte is owned by Yves De Billoëz.
People have contributed in various ways, by providing binaries,
making suggestions, providing advice, etc...
No part of this license can be changed in any circumstance.
Any dispute over the license terms should be handled on Belgian
territory according to Belgian law.
There is no warranty for the use of the program.
The author or the distributor cannot be held responsible in any case
for the use or the inability of the use of the program.
Neither can any claim be expressed for damages caused by
the use of the program.
Other license terms
This package also contains a binary cutechess-cli. Please refer
to the cutechess licence terms. Please type
for more information.
- Roland Marquis for providing Windows and linux binary of version 0.2.8.
- Ilari Pihlajisto and Arto Jonsson for the cutechess binary.
- Norbert Raimund Leisner for his analysis and comments on the website.
- Roland Chastain for his help on integrating cutechess-cli and tests on
the windows compile of version 0.9.6
- Talkchess tmokonen for his analysis on match against Chad's chess
- Guenther Simon for his compile of version 0.9.0
- T. Poppins for his compile of version 0.9.3
- ... all other people I forgot to include in this list ...